Where is Your Business Going This Year...and Beyond?
January is the perfect time for fresh starts and new beginnings. Resolutions, goals, and hopes for the year ahead fill your head. But have you considered where your business is headed this year? Or in the next five years? Building your business’s vision is a powerful way to determine what’s important to you and how to reach the success you dream of.
A business vision consists of two main parts:
Core Ideology – what you stand for, why you exist, what is unchanging, what is meaningful and inspirational to people inside your organization.
Envisioned Future – a vibrant and engaging description of what you aspire to become, achieve, or create and that is exciting and motivating to your people
With a group of 5 to 7 individuals from your organization who understand your core values and have credibility among their peers, begin by asking yourselves these questions:
- What beliefs or values are so fundamental that we would never change them, regardless of the circumstances?
- What core values we each personally bring to work?
- Why do we do what we do, other than to make money and provide ourselves with jobs?
- We’re sitting here in 20 years: what would we love to see?
- What should our business feel like to our employees in 20 years?
The answers to these questions will begin to shape your vision for who you are as an organization and where you want to go. This kind of visioning will create a success map for your business to direct decisions and initiatives.
Our Avail CPA business consultants facilitate visioning and strategy planning with businesses across southern Alberta. Talk to us today about how we can help you see where you’re headed and how to get there.