Regional Relief and Recovery Fund (RRRF) - Community Futures Stream
This $962-million Government of Canada fund is to support small and medium size businesses that do not qualify for federal government funding supports such as the Canada Emergency Business Account (CEBA) or Business Credit Availability Program (BCAP) but have been negatively impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic.
These businesses can now apply for loans of up to $40,000 through the Regional Relief and Recovery Fund (RRRF) - Community Futures Stream.
There are three variations of the Regional Relief and Recovery Fund (RRRF):
*THIS ARTICLE COVERS THE COMMUNITY FUTURES STREAM
Does my business qualify?
Your business may be eligible for the RRRF if you meet all of following criteria:
• must be a Small and Medium-Sized Enterprise (SME) located in a non-metropolitan region in Western Canada that is served by a Community Futures organization
• must not be eligible for the Canada Emergency Business Account (CEBA)
• must not be eligible for the Business Credit Availability Program (BCAP)
• must have been a viable business and not experiencing any liquidity or other financial difficulties as of March 1, 2020
• must have experienced a material adverse effect on business operations on or after March 1, 2020 as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic
• must have been an established business before March 1, 2020
• must be a sole proprietorship, partnership (excluding professional services), corporation, social enterprise or other similar organization
How do I know if my region is served by a Community Futures Organization?
The following is a list of the communities served in Southern Alberta:
Aden, Aetna, Alderson, Bantry, Barnwell, Barons, Beaver Mines, Bellevue, Bindloss, Blairmore, Blood Band Reserve, Bow Island, Bowel, Brooks, Broxburn, Buffalo, Bullshead, Burdett, Burmis, Cardston, Carway, Cavendish, Chief Mountain, Claresholm, Coaldale, Coalhurst, Coleman, Coutts, Cowley, Cranford, Crowsnest Pass, Del Bonita, Diamond City, Duchess, Dunmore, Elkwater, Enchant, Etzikom, Foremost, Fort Macleod, Frank, Glenwood, Granum, Grassy Lake, Hays, Hilda, Hill Spring, Hillcrest, Iddesleigh, Iron Springs, Irvine, Jenner, Kininivie, Kipp, Leavitt, Legend, Lethbridge, Lundbreck, Magrath, Majestic, Maleb, Manyberries, McNeil, Medicine Hat, Milk River, Millicent, Monarch, Mountain View, Nemiskam, New Dayton, Nobleford, Onefour, Orion, Pakawki, Patricia, Pincher Creek, Pincher Station, Pivot, Poshley, Princess, Purple Springs, Rainier, Ralston, Raymond, Redcliff, Rolling Hills, Rosemary, Roytal, Scandia, Schuller, Seven Persons, Shaughnessy, Skiff, Spring Coulee, Stand Off, Stavely, Stirling, Suffield, Taber, Tempest, Tilley, Turin, Twin Butte, Vauxhall, Veinerville, Walsh, Warner, Waterton, Welling, Whitla, Wildhorse, Winnifred, Wrentham
If your location is outside of Southern Alberta, or is not shown in the above list, you can perform a location search on the Community Futures Alberta contact page.
What can I use the loan money for?
• Lease payments for existing equipment and machinery
• Salaries and benefits (only if you are not eligible for the Canada Emergency Wage Subsidy (CEWS) or the NRC-IRAP - Innovation Assistance Program)
• Property taxes
• Bank charges and interest payments
• Office supplies
• Vehicle operating expenses
• Professional fees
• Monthly insurance payments
• Rent (applicants are expected to pursue access to the Canadian Emergency Commercial Rent Assistance (CECRA))
• Other fixed operating costs applicable to the applicant
What are the repayment terms?
• No interest accrual or principal payments until January 1, 2023
• If 75% of the loan is repaid by December 31, 2022, the remainder (25%) of the loan is forgiven
• Blended principal and interest payments begin January 1, 2023
• Loans must be repaid by December 31, 2025
• There are no prepayment penalties
How do I apply?
Lethbridge (Community Futures Lethbridge Region)
• Barons, Blood Band Reserve, Broxburn, Coaldale, Coalhurst, Del Bonita, Diamond City, Iron Springs, Kipp, Lethbridge, Magrath, Monarch, Nobleford, Raymond, Shaughnessy, Spring Coulee, Stand Off, Stirling, Tempest, Turin, Welling
Taber, Milk River, Vauxhall (Community Futures Chinook)
• Barnwell, Coutts, Cranford, Enchant, Grassy Lake, Hays, Milk River, New Dayton, Purple Springs, Rainier, Scandia, Skiff, Taber, Vauxhall, Warner, Wrentham
Fort Macleod, Claresholm, Pincher Creek (Community Futures Alberta Southwest)
• Aetna, Beaver Mines, Burmis, Cardston, Carway, Chief Mountain, Claresholm, Cowley, Fort Macleod, Glenwood, Granum, Hill Spring, Leavitt, Lundbreck, Mountain View, Pincher Creek, Pincher Station, Twin Butte, Waterton, Stavely
For more information, please contact your local Community Futures Alberta office:
For a complete list of our COVID-19 resources for individuals and businesses, please visit availcpa.com/resources