One-Time Emergency Isolation Support Payment for Albertans
Eligible working Albertans can receive a one-time emergency isolation support payment of $1,146 if they are required to self-isolate, or are the sole caregiver of someone in self-isolation, and they have no other source of pay or compensation.
• This is a temporary program to bridge the gap until the Federal Emergency Care Benefit is available in April.
• If you are eligible for federal Employment Insurance benefits, you are strongly encouraged to apply immediately.
You are eligible for the emergency isolation support program if you:
Have experienced total or significant loss of income and are not receiving compensation from any other source because you:
• have been diagnosed with COVID-19
• have been directed by health authorities to self-isolate
• are the sole caregiver of a dependent who is in self-isolation
You are not eligible for this program if you:
• were not working immediately before you were advised to self-isolate
• can work from home
• are not experiencing a significant loss of income as a result of self-isolation
• are currently collecting other forms of income support or employer benefits while self-isolated, such as:
- workplace sick leave benefits
- federal employment insurance (EI) benefitsare staying home to care for a dependent who is home for a reason other than self-isolation
- reside outside of Alberta
How To Apply
Sign into the MyAlberta Emergency Isolation Support system using your verified MyAlberta Digital ID (MADI) account to complete the application.
If you don’t have a verified MADI account, you can create one here:
If your application is approved, you will receive a one-time payment of $1,146 through Interac e-Transfer within 24 to 48 hours.
If you have additional questions about the emergency isolation support program or any other employment related topics, please contact our HR-Consulting expert, Kate Miller, at
email@example.com OR 403-894-8585
For a complete list of our COVID-19 resources for individuals and businesses, please visit availcpa.com/resources