This career listing is now CLOSED and applications for this position are no longer being accepted.
Avail CPA is the largest independently owned business advisory and accounting firm in Southern Alberta, having recently added a BC location as well. From simple beginnings in 1933, to more than 150 team members in 7 communities, we provide personal and business solutions at all levels of complexity, for all industries.
Our firm is home to a unique and innovative team, pursuing excellence in a fun environment. We genuinely care about our clients, our people, and our communities, and innovation drives what we do.
We are seeking a highly motivated Learning and Development Designer to join our team. The successful candidate will be responsible for coordinating, organizing, and implementing team member learning and development programs within Avail CPA. The Learning and Development Creator will collaborate with Managers and HR to design, develop and deliver training programs that meet the needs of our team and contribute to the achievement of firm goals.
- Utilize a learning management system (LMS) to plan, organize, and coordinate learning and development programs for team members.
- Develop learning materials including user guides, tutorials, videos, and assessments.
- Collaborate with team members to create engaging and effective training content and videos.
- Collaborate with team leaders, Marketing, IT, and HR to identify training needs, develop training programs, and assess their effectiveness.
- Coordinate and deliver new team member orientation programs.
- Develop and maintain training schedules, calendars, and records.
- Ensure that training materials are up-to-date and relevant.
- Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of training programs and make recommendations for improvements.
- Develop and maintain relationships with external training providers.
- Develop and implement training programs that align with career paths, vision of the firm, and succession planning.
- Research and stay up-to-date with the latest learning and development trends and best practices.
- Assist with other firm initiatives as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in Education, Business Administration, Multimedia, or a related field.
- 2+ years of experience in learning and development, teaching, and/or multi-media.
- Experience with learning management systems (LMS) is a plus.
- Proficient in developing training programs and materials from inception, skilled in interpreting and executing project vision.
- Strong knowledge of learning and development best practices and trends.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Proficiency video production and editing an asset
- Dental care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
Salary $55,000 - $80,000 per year
Application Deadline May 5, 2023
If you are passionate about learning and development and are looking for an exciting opportunity to grow your skills and contribute to a dynamic team , please apply, including a cover letter by the application deadline.
Cover letter should be addressed to:
Kate Miller, CPHR
530 8 Street South
Lethbridge, AB, T1J 2J8
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
You may also like...View all news
CEBA repayment deadline extended by 18 days
The Canada Emergency Business Account loan repayment deadline has been extended to January 18, 2024.
Free estate planning seminars
We are offering free estate planning seminars in Pincher Creek and Fort Macleod in September and October.
Career Opportunity | CPA Candidate - Lethbridge
We are currently seeking a full-time CPA Candidate to join our team in Lethbridge.
Have questions? Book a free consultation. It's really just a casual conversation where we try to learn more about you and your goals, and how we can help you achieve those.