The Restrictions Exemption Program Implementation Grant will provide a one-time payment of $2,000 to eligible businesses, cooperatives and non-profit organizations that choose to implement the Restrictions Exemption Program.
Organizations may use the funds as they see fit to help offset the costs of implementing the Restrictions Exemption Program.
How much money will I receive from this grant?
The grant will provide $2,000 to eligible small and medium-sized organizations that choose to implement the Restrictions Exemption Program.
The Government of Alberta has committed $20 million to this program, so funding will cease if/when this cap has been reached.
What can I use the money for?
Basically, for whatever you want. But for the sake of formality, the official language used is:
"Organizations may use the funds as they see fit to help offset the costs of implementing the Restrictions Exemption Program."
Do I have to pay the money back?
No. The money is provided as a grant and it does not need to be paid back.
Who is eligible for the grant money?
To be eligible, an Albertan organization must be:
1) On the list of eligible in-scope operators
- Restaurants and food courts with closed access to the public
- Casinos, Bingo Halls, VLT Lounges
- Entertainment and recreation centres, such as:
- Bowling, racing entertainment, arcades, billiards halls, other similar entertainment
- Museums, art galleries
- Movie theatres
- Fitness and recreation facilities for physical activity, performance activity or recreational activity
- Conferences, meeting spaces, halls, and rented space (excluding dwelling units)
- Weddings and funerals held in public facilities where the facility maintains responsibility for adherence to these requirements
- Professional sporting or performance events (spectator)
- Indoor adult sport and performance activities (participants)
- Private social events held in public facilities where the facility maintains responsibility for adherence to these requirements
- Adult recreational activities (for example, classes, groups)
- Amenities in hotels and condos, including fitness rooms, pools and game rooms
- Spectator settings for professional sport or performance activity
2) implementing the Restrictions Exemption Program consistently as part of daily operations
3) verifying proof of vaccination, negative test results or medical exemption for patrons 12 and over
4) a permanent establishment in Alberta
5) open and operating since September 20, 2021, and
6) employing fewer than 500 employees (including contractors)
Who is not eligible?
Any organization who is not implementing the REP and/or is defined as an out-of-scope operator:
- Child care settings
- Events in private dwellings
- Retail and shopping malls
- Workers and employees in/on a worksite for the purposes of their employment
- Schools (Kindergarten to Grade 12)
- School curriculum-based activities
- Accommodations (hotels, motels)
- Places of Worship – for faith services
- Mutual support groups
- Health services
- Personal services
- Wellness services
- Youth physical activity, performance activity and recreational activity, where all participants are under the age of 18
- Public transit
- Jury selection
- Election purposes and other related activities
- First responders attending for the purposes of responding to an emergency situation
- Publicly-funded post secondary institutions, including cafeterias and residence common areas
- First Nations College entities:
- Maskwacis Cultural College
- Old Sun Community College
- Red Crow Community College
- University nuhelot'ine thaiyots'i nistameyimakanak Blue Quills
- Yellowhead Tribal College
What if my organization has multiple locations?
Organizations with multiple permanent physical establishments in Alberta that each implement the REP are eligible to apply for support for each location.
How do I apply?
1) You must have a MyAlberta Digital ID. If you already have an account, use your existing credentials.
2) Log in to the grant application portal using your MyAlberta Digital ID account, then fill out and submit an application through the portal.
If you have any questions about the Restrictions Exemption Implementation Grant, please contact one of our Small Business experts or complete the contact form below.
You may also like...View all news
Tyler Brack has been admitted into the Partnership at Avail CPA
Tyler brings with him an extensive knowledge of financial planning, wealth management, retirement planning, and insurance.
Career Opportunity | CPA Candidate - Lethbridge
We are currently seeking a full-time CPA Candidate to join our team in Lethbridge.
Career Opportunity | Accounting Technician - Invermere
We are seeking an experienced full-time Accounting Technician to join our Invermere team.
Have questions? Book a free consultation. It's really just a casual conversation where we try to learn more about you and your goals, and how we can help you achieve those.