Avail CPA is a unique and innovative team pursuing excellence in a fun environment. We truly care about our clients, our people, and our communities. With a team of more than 100 in 7 communities, Avail CPA is the largest independently owned accounting and advisory firm in Southern Alberta.
We are seeking a full-time team member to join our IT team. You will focus on evolving and maintaining a robust IT security plan for the firm, as well as maintenance of the network systems. The successful candidate will be able to proactively identify and plan for threats to our IT systems. The ideal candidate will enjoy an environment of continuous improvement, innovation, and learning.
- Deliver training and procedures to mitigate IT security threats and weaknesses, monitoring for new threats, and formalizing a response plan to an IT security event.
- Provide ongoing technical support to our team.
- Provide backup support for the other IT team members.
- Assisting with routine IT tasks such as software and hardware updates, maintenance, and troubleshooting.
- Contributing to overall IT strategy and planning.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Self-motivated, works well independently.
- Self-starting – requires self-study and learning to grow into the job.
- Server/network knowledge.
- Ability to learn and adapt.
- Problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to research new issues.
- Interest or background in IT security.
- Familiarity with Office 365, Azure, Windows, Power Apps.
- Client service skills (team members).
- Security certifications preferred.
- Power BI skills an asset.
- Interest/ability in AI an asset.
If you are looking to develop your career in a unique team environment, please apply, including a cover letter and resume, by April 12, 2021
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Benefits Extended health care
Schedule 8 hour shift
Click HERE to Apply