*This is a living document that is frequently updated to reflect Avail CPA's response to this ongoing situation
March 25, 2020
We are frequently releasing and updating resources to help assist you and your organizations in these complicated times.
All up-to-date resources can now be accessed here:
March 18, 2020
At Avail, we are monitoring the COVID-19 situation closely and are taking the necessary precautions to support the well-being of our clients, team, and community members.
In response to the Government of Alberta declaring a state of public health emergency, we have made the decision to close our offices to all members of the general public. Our team will continue to work in our offices and remotely, and are available to contact by phone or email.
Additionally, we recommend the following:
- Scheduling a virtual meeting or phone call
- Uploading your documents electronically to ShareFile
- Electronically signing your documents
- Utilizing the office drop box for physical documents (where available)
If you require help with any of these electronic alternatives, please contact our Help Desk at:
PLEASE NOTE The tax filing deadline has been extended to June 1, 2020.
HR DOCUMENTS AND RESOURCES
We recognize you may also be dealing with similar concerns for your own employees and business. To assist with this, our HR Consulting team has created a COVID-19 FAQ Sheet for Employers, as well as an editable Pandemic Policy template that you may use for your organization.
*Please visit our Resources page for the most current versions of these documents:
- Depending on your industry, level of benefits covered, ability to work from home, etc. your specific policy will need to be edited to reflect this before it is distributed to your employees
- A key piece of this policy is deciding how you are going to communicate with your team, so ensure that you have a system in place to quickly and efficiently update and communicate with all members
- As noted above, these are living documents that are frequently updated to reflect the response to this ongoing situation.
If you have any Human Resources-related questions or would like to request additional documents or resources, please contact Kate Miller, CPHR at:
email@example.com or 403-382-6800
For all other inquiries, please contact us directly.
TOLL FREE 1-800-665-5035
Fort Macleod 403-553-3355
Milk River 403-647-3662
Pincher Creek 403-627-5510